Sony ILME FX/6 Enters TOP production line up.
Take One Productions is excited to announce the addition of the Sony FX/6 to its production line up.
This little hot rod cinema camera packs a lot of production power into its small chassis. Here are the specs, if that’s your thing:
- 4K Full-Frame 10.2MP CMOS Exmor R Sensor
- DCI 4K60p | UHD 4K120 | 1080p240
- That’s 60 frames per second at 4096 x 2160
- 120 frames per second at 3840 x 2160
- And an absurd 240 frames a second in High Definition 1920 x1080
- 15 Stops of Dynamic Range in S-log 3 EI
- A fine looking WYSIWYG Rec 709 shooting mode Sony calls S-Cinetone
- The robust 4:2:2 XAVC-I recording compression scheme
All the required specs for creating today’s cinema style content.
The camera weighs in at just over 2 pounds by its lonesome. However, we rigged it up with all the “Tokyo Drift” goodies from Zacuto® and Tilta®, so we can actually mount the camera on a tripod or our shoulder.
The camera has 2 native ISO settings 800 and 12600 and makes better images than the human eye in low light (It’s kind of amazing actually). The FX/6 has full size XLR audio inputs a BNC SDI output an SDI input for time-code so it can be used as an integral part of a multi-camera production. It is a pro’s cinema camera.
We plan to partner the FX/6 with our Panasonic Varicam LT to provide maximum production flexibility. The smaller size will allow our shooters a degree of mobility and the ability to take a cinema camera into tighter quarters which will be helpful for shooting tasty b-roll with that full frame Exmor sensor, keeping the look of the production consistently high end.
We used the FX/6 to cover the Great Pocono Raceway Airshow recently and all parties were pleased with the camera’s performance.
Until the next time, be excellent to each other.